As the weather starts to cool off, everyone enjoys being outside more. If the typical morning stroll is getting old then try out one of these trails for a change of scenery!
1. West Columbia River Walk: Great place to go walk with the family/dogs. There is also an outdoor amphitheater.
2. Riverfront Park: Great place to run along the river. Very flat and a great place to get miles in for running/biking/walking.
3. Guignard Clay Quarry Loop Trail: A great trail for a run or walk.
4. Sesquicentennial State Park: There is a dog park and great running/ biking trails. There is also a new splash pad for kids in the summer! You can also rent small kayaks/paddle boats/canoes to take out on the lake.
5. Clemson Extension: Miles of hiking and running trails along with some small ponds. This is also where the SC State Cross Country meet is held every fall.
Around Lake Murray:
6. Harbison State Forest: Miles of trails for running/walking. There are some trails for biking as well.
8. Dreher Island: Perfect place to hike, camp, and fish with the whole family.